I swear I am not making this up. The username this individual chose was “Cunt,” though I am pretty sure that was in reference to me, and not to him or her.
**UPDATE. Mystery solved. This blog (and presumably the Slate piece as well) has been linked from 4Chan. Fucking odious. Cesspool of the Internet. I like that I am getting several cents per click from you all, but it’s hardly worth it given the sheen of pure, bigoted, sexist, reprehensible evil that it leaves on my blog. Anyway.***
Boohoo, I am a whiny SJW who doesn’t understand Being and Time; I am so oppressed, and unintelligent that I am going to try and discredit someone I don’t understand. Kill yourself.
Textanalyse: I OBJECT!!!!!
- I am a whiny MARRIED woman, who is only HALF-Jewish, and on my father’s side to boot, so it barely counts. Wait, what does SJW mean? “Social Justice Warrior?” Then guilty as charged, motherfucker.
- I am not oppressed, except in the sense that nobody is free when others are oppressed. (See #1)
- My feeble, female mind does not need to “discredit” Heidegger, given that his actual life does a plenty good job of that.
- It’s true that I’m not hugely confident about Sein und Zeit; however, I have read Frage nach der Technik and Beiträge zur Philosophie, as well as some other lectures on Humanism, all in the original German. Which I am guessing (?) is more than this guy has?
- No thanks. I’d like to stay alive for now, although I do have a lot of work to do today and would rather not do it, so…
- Also, comma usage. I do not think it works the way you think it works. But what do I know?
I deleted it from comments, but if you’d like me to “un-trash” it for proof, just let me know.