Here are some things I’ve done since I finished my work for the quarter, in addition to a half-assed design update of this sweet-ass blog that exactly one person named "me" reads:
- mopped the kitchen floor with laundry detergent (someone absconded with my Mr Clean)
- re-color-coded the clothes in my closet (things should be with their friends and my closet should look like a beautiful rainbow made mostly from black clothes with the necks cut out)
- turned a paper into an icky technicolor website for some sort of academic purpose that has yet to be proven
- re-arranged my dresser to look exactly like it did before only slightly less dusty
- ate approx. 17 oranges and a persimmon and some of the "world’s largest cashews" and approx. 95 bagel chips (I am back on wheat, thank the eff)
- took a "nature walk" through the backyards of a bunch of subdivisions and an "ecological preserve" that looks like the backyard of a bunch of subdivisions
- talked to exactly no people except my friend Erin on the phone for 5 minutes
- stacked my library books in a stack to be taken back to the library IMMEDIATELY as per the email sent to me by the library last night at 9 p.m. when the library was closed, or at least the ILL desk to which my books must IMMEDIATELY be returned was
- looked up all sorts of people I don’t talk to anymore on Friendster and MySpace as if something might have changed with them since the last time I did this when I was done with my academic work (Winter quarter last year, thanks for asking)
- watched approx. eleventeen episodes of "Law & Order"
- went swimming, outdoors, in December, because this is California
- moisturized my eyeballs because this is CALIFORNIA
- scrubbed my bathroom with laundry detergent because someone absconded with my Mr. Clean
- customized the filters on my school email so that everyone’s mail gets sent to a special folder so that I no longer log in to find an inbox with messages in it and allow my hopes to soar that someone I like might have sent me a message only to find a very important bulletin about my apartment complex’s speed bumps
- enjoyed approximately 90 seconds of TOTAL CHAOS when the power in the aforementioned complex went out while I was getting my laundry, which I then folded while watching "The Closer" even though I hate "The Closer"
- didn’t talk to anyone or do anything since everyone but me is still writing papers
- didn’t go anywhere because I don’t have any money
- didn’t read anything because…well, I didn’t want to tell you guys this before, but I don’t know how to read. Which I hope the people who have to read/grade my essays this quarter understand before it’s too late…
- worried on behalf of my students, who have to take their German final tomorrow
- made the most boring! list! ever! on this blog in a massive, massive cry for help, by which I mean "distraction," by which I mean "someone email me or call me with something interesting to say because I am bored and drained of all energy, and that includes energy to call anyone or write anything interesting but who doesn’t love attention? I sure do."
Meh. (Shrug shrug shrug: meh).