I made this offer on teh Twittarz today, and I re-iterate it here:
Any job marketer who can provide documented proof that s/he sent a scan of his/her butt as “evidence of teaching excellence” will receive $100 via PayPal, from me.
SOME RESTRICTIONS APPLY:
- It MUST be an actual academic position in your discipline, for which you are qualified but for which you chose not to apply for one reason or another.
- You MUST have the degree necessary to be considered for this position, in the correct discipline (yes, I know, my butt contest has a barrier to entry).
- You must provide proof that you did this somehow. This includes BCC’ing me on an email, or actual CC’ing me on real-mail with a tracking number so that I can check the receipt of the original.
- I will do this for up to two people, which equals roughly the amount of money one piece of legitimate journalism pays me. First-scanned, first served.
- Your butt scan may be cleverly wedged in a set of evaluations, so that it is possible your search committee won’t even see it
- Your butt scan can be smaller than actual size (I know I’d have to do this to fit it in any envelope or on any regular sheet of paper).
- Your butt scan can be otherwise disguised so as to “sneak it in,” but still MUST be recognizable as a butt. I will be the final arbiter of butt-image accuracy, no appeals.
Is anyone brave/cynical/reckless enough to do this?